Environmentalism as a Religion -- About Bush!
Jonah Goldberg: Voodoo meteorology: "Environmentalists, it seems, need their own Book of Job. Because, as it stands right now, Mother Nature's ways are not mysterious, but entirely contingent on the output of fossil fuels. And, ironically enough, all of their hopes lie in George W. Bush. Which sounds just a bit like their version of Satan worship."
Hmmm... Jonah's idea has red meat on those bones.
President Bush's opponents counter-intuitively _worship_ him. How?
- They expect Him to know everything
- They expect Him to do everything perfectly
- They organize their life around their feelings for Him
- They plead with Him to listen to their wishes, but
- They get diswraught when He doesn't